Solar panels capture energy from the sun and channel it into an inverter, where it’s converted to electricity to power your home or business.
The benefits of solar panels are well documented. In fact, at Foton we consider them to be one of the wisest investments an Australian can make. But exactly how do solar panels work? How does solar power work? Let’s break it down.
1. The sun’s light is absorbed by the solar panel.
2. The silicon and conductors within the panel convert the sun’s light into Direct Current (DC) electricity, which then flows into the inverter.
3. The inverter converts the DC into Alternate Current (AC) electricity.
4. The AC electricity is then sent into your home to power your lights and appliances.
5. Any additional electricity that isn’t used by your home is sold back into the grid, earning you money.
6. If you need it, additional electricity is re-drawn from the grid when you need more power than your solar system can produce (for example, at night time, if you don’t have a solar battery).
In this way, solar power is an incredible way to save money for homes and businesses. Find out more about our comprehensive solar services on our website and what you need to do to keep your system performing at optimum levels. If you have any specific questions about how solar panels work, or why your solar panels have stopped working, check out our solar FAQ or give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
Why Adelaide chooses Foton
South Australia’s most trusted solar company
No salespeople, middle-men or cheap labourers
100% accredited and fully qualified specialists
Long-term after-sales service for total reliability
How we can help you
Our Clean Energy Council accredited and fully qualified solar electricians will provide you with a free, no-obligation assessment and quote.
Our solar specialists will review your building and recommend the best solar system for your circumstances and budget.
We will schedule an appointment at a time and date that suits you for the solar system installation by our fully qualified team members to install the solar system.
After installation, you’ll have access to our dedicated technical support team. Call anytime, day or night, for advice and assistance.
Get In Touch With Us
Find out why customers choose us time and time again